2015年2月13日金曜日

A kind of race-discriminating policy


I went to a bookstore after class. Since the book that I wanted was not available in the bookstore. I asked a staff member whether it was available at any branch. Fortunately, she found it available at a branch of Global City so I asked her to deliver it to the branch where I was. However, she seemed puzzled and she said, "Since the book whose author is a Filipino, we can not deliver it up to this branch". I was like.."What is she talking about?" At the time, I was with my boyfriend so he asked her why it was impossible, and she answered back, "Because it is company policy". He and I were totally surprised with the answer, at the same time, we found it rather crazy. It means that the company is really ashamed to deliver books written and published by Filipino authors. Or the staff member might have just felt too lazy to ask another branch to deliver the book, and just told such a lie to us. But if it is really the company policy, it's totally ridiculous.

2 件のコメント:

  1. Hi. That's totally riduculous. She made a policy by herself. I wonder What would she say if that author was from another. She might have just too laziness. I'm just curious why did she use such an excuse.

    返信削除
    返信
    1. Thank you for your comment!
      The only thing that I can say about some Filipinos is that they are not good at lying.

      削除